Follow these best practices to successfully scale your user acquisition campaigns in AppDiscovery
Ensure install tracking and postbacks are working properly:
- Follow the setup instructions for your tracking partner
- Make sure to pass all installs and opens to AppLovin for accurate install attribution, suppression and retention tracking
Verify that tracking has properly been setup prior to taking your campaign live. It will have a negative effect on all future campaigns if our system doesn’t receive conversions on impressions and clicks.
- Ensure choosing the most relevant campaign category for the app you’re acquiring for
- When targeting multiple countries, it's most effective to consolidate geos within a single campaign for efficient learning which helps drive scale and makes optimizations easier. We support individual bids, goals, and budgets by country if necessary
- If you’re targeting non-English speaking countries, make sure you have translated ads for highest conversion rates
- AppDiscovery inventory from different ad types so try to get as many formats live as possible.
- It’s imperative to add video ads (in both orientations) for all campaigns as video represents 80-90% of our inventory.
- You may also auto-generate creative for unavailable ad types, however, advertiser produced ads are ideal for optimal performance.
- Upload all ad types and creative under a single campaign as our system will automatically optimize delivery towards your best performing ads.
- It is recommended that you start with the highest bid you are comfortable with. This will give your offer the best chance at success.
- Keep an eye on campaign performance the first few days of going live and make bid adjustments if necessary to achieve your desired results.